History of The Friends
The Friends of Waunakee Public Library was organized in 1983 to play an active role in fundraising for the new library, built in 1985. Since then, we have been continually expanding our activities, projects, and services. We are always open to new members and ideas. The Friends worked hard to make a donation to the capital campaign in 2019 to help make the current library building a reality.
We are citizens who...
- Work together to strengthen and expand services at the library
- Purchase materials, equipment and services not readily obtained through the library budget
- Contribute to the cultural opportunities of the community
- Use our imagination and energy to promote library resources as matchless means of enriching people's lives
What have we done?
- Made substantial donations to the Waunakee Public LIbrary Forever Fund and the new library capital campaign
- Purchased DVDs, PlayAways, and audiobooks to expand the collection
- Sponsor prizes and performers for children's and young adults' summer library programs
- Sponsor several book talks each year with Wisconsin Authors
- Sponsor 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program
- Purchased PlayAway Book Packs and LEGO kit
- Purchased additional furniture and equipment for the library
2023 New Perennials Sale
- Look ahead to Spring and Summer with the Friends of the Waunakee Library's New Perennial Sale! Locally and professionally grown, these plants are a great way to support the Friends and all they do for the library! Order forms are available here or at the library and are due by March 24th.
2023 Holiday Craft and Bake Sale
- The 2024 Holiday Craft Fair will be on Saturday, November 23 from 9am-3pm at the Waunakee Intermediate School. The vendor application and tax forms are available online, and any questions about the craft fair can be directed to email@example.com.
- We can no longer accept book donations, but there are many local organizations that gladly accept gently used books. For a list of suggestions, click here.
How can I contribute?
- For more information, call Jean at 608-849-9224
- Join the organization
Please return checks payable to: Friends of Waunakee Public Library, 201 N. Madison St., Waunakee, WI 53597