History of The Friends
The Friends of Waunakee Public Library was organized in 1983 to play an active role in fundraising for the new library, built in 1985. Since then, we have been continually expanding our activities, projects, and services. We are always open to new members and ideas. With a new library in the near future, the Friends are working hard so we can make a donation to the capital campaign.
We are citizens who...
- Work together to strengthen and expand services at the library
- Purchase materials, equipment and services not readily obtained through the library budget
- Contribute to the cultural opportunities of the community
- Use our imagination and energy to promote library resources as matchless means of enriching people's lives
What do we do?
View our 2019 Year @ a Glance.
What have we done?
- Substantial contributor to the Waunakee Public Library Forever Fund
- DVDs, PlayAways, and audiobooks to expand the collection
- Additional shelving
- Prizes and performers for children's and young adults' summer library programs
- Two Playtime Productions performances each year
- Landscaping and flowers at the upper level entrance to the library
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program
- PlayAway Book Packs and LEGO kits
How can I contribute?
- For more information, call Jean at 608-849-9224
- Join the organization
Please return checks payable to: Friends of Waunakee Public Library, 710 South Street, Waunakee, WI 53597