History of The Friends
The Friends of Waunakee Public Library was organized in 1983 to play an active role in fundraising for the new library, built in 1985. Since then, we have been continually expanding our activities, projects, and services. We are always open to new members and ideas. The Friends worked hard to make a donation to the capital campaign to help make the new library a reality.
We are citizens who...
- Work together to strengthen and expand services at the library
- Purchase materials, equipment and services not readily obtained through the library budget
- Contribute to the cultural opportunities of the community
- Use our imagination and energy to promote library resources as matchless means of enriching people's lives
What have we done?
- Substatial contributor to the Waunakee Public Library Forever Fund and the new library capital campaign
- DVDs, PlayAways, and audiobooks to expand the collection
- Prizes and performers for children's and young adults' summer library programs
- Two Playtime Productions performances each year
- 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten program
- PlayAway Book Packs and LEGO kits
- We can no longer accept book donations, but there are many local organizations that gladly accept gently used books. For a list of suggestions, click here.
How can I contribute?
- For more information, call Jean at 608-849-9224
- Join the organization
Please return checks payable to: Friends of Waunakee Public Library, 201 N. Madison St., Waunakee, WI 53597